How to Install CodeIngiter
In this CodeIgniter Tutorial, you’ll learn how to install CodeIgniter Framework. Read the entire artical carefully to understand the process of installing CodeIgniter Framework in your PC.
Steps to Install CodeIgniter
- Download latest version of CodeIgniter from http://www.codeigniter.com/download.
- Extract the ZIP folder. (Ex: The folder name is now “codeigniter”) in your ROOT / Any folder of webserver (i.e, www or htdocs folder )
- Open the application/config/config.php file with a text editor and set your base URL. If you intend to use encryption or sessions, set your encryption key too in same config file.
- If you intend to use a database, open the application/config/database.php file with a text editor and set your database settings
- Now, Open the URL from Localhost. (E.g, http://localhost/codeigniter or http://localhost/folder/codeigniter )
- Once you run it you’ll see the given output.
Advance Configuration and Security Option
- If you wish to increase security by hiding the location of your CodeIgniter files you can rename the system and application folders to something more private.
- If you do rename them, you must open your main index.php file and set the $system_path and$application_folder variables at the top of the file with the new name you’ve chosen.
- For the best security, both the system and any application folders should be placed above web root so that they are not directly accessible via a browser.
- By default, .htaccess files are included in each folder to help prevent direct access, but it is best to remove them from public access entirely in case the web server configuration changes or doesn’t abide by the .htaccess.
- If you would like to keep your views public it is also possible to move the views folder out of your application folder.
- After moving them, open your main index.php file and set the $system_path, $application_folder and $view_folder variables, preferably with a full path, e.g. ‘/www/MyUser/system‘.
Related Results :
- Related Posts are generally User Blog posts.
- or Other tutorials from other networks of w3clan.com.
- Any registered user can create related posts based on search term tags.